Derrick Brooks Charity Blackjack Tournament
Registration: 6:00PM | Tournament Begins: 6:30PM
1. Participants must be at least 21 years old to participate in this tournament and to play Class III games. You must be a Seminole Wild Card member in order to participate. Seminole Wild Cards are free to all visitors 21 and order. Players must present approved identification.
2. There will be an entry fee of $250 per participant. A total of ninety-six (96) seats will be available. Tickets will be sold on a first come first served basis.
3. Players will play with tournament chips and cards.
4. Invitations into this tournament are non-transferable.
5. The tournament will be held on six (6) blackjack tables in Hard Rock Event Center.
Eligibility, Tournament Play, and Scoring
1. Participants must present their entry receipt and/or invitation when applicable along with their photo ID and Seminole Wild Card to a tournament attendant or official for verification and registration prior to taking a seat at a tournament table in the designated tournament area.
2. Substitutes and/or partners are not permitted.
3. Tournament officials will determine table and seating assignments and issue a Seating Card. Assignments will be random. Tournament officials may change a player’s seating assignment at any time at their sole discretion. Prior to the start of each round, a tournament official will verify that the players are in the correct seats at the proper time.
a. It is recommended that participants check in and remain in the tournament area at least 15 minutes prior to the start of the session.
b. Request for changes to session times must be made with a tournament attendant or official at least 16 minutes prior to the start of the 1st session.
4. This tournament will consist of three (3) rounds.
a. The Quarterfinal Round (Round 1) will consist of up to four (4) sessions of six (6) tables with up to four (4) players per table. At the end of each session in the Quarterfinal Round, the top scoring player from each table will advance to the Semifinal Round (Round 2). A total of twenty-four (24) players will advance to the Semifinal Round.
b. The Semifinal Round (Round 2) will consist of up to one (1) session of six (6) tables with up to four (4) players per table. At the end of each session in the Semifinal Round, the top scoring player from each table will advance to the Final Round (Round 3). A total of six (6) players from Semifinal Round will advance to the Final Round.
c. The Final Round (Round 3) will consist of one (1) session of one (1) table with six (6) players per table.
5. Rounds will begin promptly at the scheduled times. Players missing their starting time may enter into said scheduled round within three (3) hands of the start of the round. Players will forfeit the minimum bet for each hand missed up to three (3) hands. On the fourth hand, all late arriving players will be locked out for that session but may be re-scheduled for an equivalent session if available.
6. Round 1 and Round 2, will be limited to eleven (11) hands. Round 3 (Final Round) will be limited to eleven (11) hands plus one (1) Secret Bet hand. Players must play all hands, subject to available funds.
7. An eight (8) or six (6) deck shoe will be used with players cards dealt face up. Players may not touch their cards.
8. Each player will be provided with 50,000 points in non-negotiable tournament chips at the beginning of the round. These tournament chips have no cash value and will be used for tournament play only. Bets must be made in increments of 1,000 points.
9. Tournament chips must be kept in full view and in order at all times.
10. Unless otherwise stated by tournament officials, smoking and/or drinking may be allowed at tournament tables. All smoking and drinking materials must be kept in full view of the dealer and tournament officials.
11. The minimum bet is 1,000 points and the maximum bet is 25,000 points. Players may also wager on the Match the Dealer wager; minimum bet is 1,000 points and the maximum bet is 5,000 points. However, on the final hand of each round, players may wager any amount up to their total accumulated points for that round (All-In) and may wager up to 10,000 points on the Match the Dealer.
12. The natural first base position is the position of the starting hand to be dealt for each session. The following procedure will be employed for subsequent hands:
__X___ Each subsequent hand will be dealt to the same natural first base position.
_____ Each subsequent hand may be moved one position clockwise and a rotating marker will be used to maintain dealing and betting order.
13. To allow for equal betting strategies, players’ betting sequences will rotate clockwise each hand. A rotating first bettor marker will be used and will be moved one position clockwise, each hand, to maintain betting order. Once a player has placed a wager, it cannot be changed or removed.
14. On the Final Table only, the following procedure will be employed for subsequent hands:
_____ Each subsequent hand will be dealt to the same natural first base position.
__X__ Each subsequent hand may be moved one position clockwise and a rotating marker will be used to maintain dealing and betting order.
15. All Blackjacks shall be paid at a rate of:
___X__ 3 to 2
_____ 2 to 1
16. Seminole Hard Rock Tampa Table Games Rules will prevail at all times (except as provided in 13 and 14, of the section above).
17. Players may play only one (1) hand and play only from the betting area that corresponds to their assigned position.
18. Cards will be dealt face up. If a player cannot act upon their hand within twenty (20) seconds of being requested to do so by the dealer, the hand shall stand pat. A player not making a bet within twenty (20) seconds of being requested to do so by the dealer will forfeit 1,000 points (minimum bet) in tournament chips.
19. At the end of each round, players’ chips will be counted and their scores registered by a tournament attendant or official by means of a Tournament Score Card. Players will sign or initial the Tournament Score Card to confirm.
20. At the completion of twelve (12) hands in the Final Round, a countdown of players’ chips may occur.
21. Secret Bet – On the last hand of the final session the last wager will be a secret bet. The secret bet will be written on a Secret Bet Card, initialed by the patron and placed in the betting area. Once all secret bets are written, the Table Games Supervisor will sign the Secret Bet Card approving that the bet is legible, within the minimum and maximums allowed and direct each patron to place the appropriate amount into the betting area.
22. Tie – In the event of a tie, two (2) additional hands will be dealt to the tied players until there is only one (1) winner.
23. Once engaged in any round of the tournament, players are not allowed to discuss their hands, wager amounts or any other strategy. Failure to obey this rule can result in immediate ejection from the tournament.
Prizes & Tie-Breakers
1. Prize payouts are contingent upon the total number of tournament participants and may be adjusted accordingly by Casino Management.
2. The prize structure is as follows:
|1st Place||$5,000 Cash|
|2nd Place||$500 Cash|
|3rd - 6th Place||$250 Cash|
3. At the end of the Final Round, the player who has accumulated the highest Final Round total score will be the 1st Place Prize winner. In the event of a tie, two (2) additional hands will be dealt to the tied 1st Place players until there is only one (1) 1st Prize Winner.
4. With approval from the Tournament Director or Casino Management designee, remaining players at a final table:
_____ May elect to split the remaining prize monies
____X_ May not elect to split the remaining prize monies
5. If all remaining players agree to split the prize money, the calculated amount that each player shall receive will be written on the Blackjack Tournament Score Card and will be signed by all remaining tournament players.
6. Participants who are being awarded prizes do not need to be present to claim but all prizes must be claimed within seven (7) calendar days of the conclusion of the tournament. Prizes not claimed within this timeframe will be considered forfeited and will remain the property of Seminole Hard Rock Tampa.
7. Prizes are not transferable.
1. The revenue hold on the entry fees will be determined by Casino Management. After the house expenses are deducted, a portion of the balance will be donated to Derrick Brooks Charities, a registered 501 (c) (3) charitable organization
1. Participants must present approved identification. They must be 21 years of age or older and a Seminole Wild Card member to participate in Class III approved table games.
2. Seminole Wild Card members that have been trespassed or banned by the Seminole Tribe of Florida or who have opted into the self-exclusion program are prohibited from participating.
3. By participating in this tournament, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Casino Management and/or the Seminole Gaming Tribal Commission.
4. Any and all applicable taxes or license will be final and binding on all participants in this tournament.
5. Casino Management and/or the Seminole Gaming Tribal Commission will resolve any dispute or situation not covered by these rules and that decision will be final and binding on all participants in this tournament.
6. Any prize receipt/voucher or drawing entry that has been mutilated, forged, misprinted, altered, tampered with, mechanically reproduced, is illegible, or has been obtained by any means other than pursuant to these rules is automatically void.
7. By participating in this tournament, winners hereby give their permission to use their names, likenesses, etc., for promotional purposes without compensation.
8. All employees of any Seminole Casino, including Tribal employees and employees of vendors permanently assigned to work at a Seminole Casino and their immediate family members are not eligible to participate. Also excluded are Tour Operators, their agents and employees, as well as employees of any Seminole Casino advertising agencies and promotional companies involved in this tournament and their immediate family members, agent’s successors and assignees. Employees of any Seminole Casino may not participate in casino tournament or events.
9. These rules of this tournament may be modified or cancelled by Management at any time based on operational and/or business concerns.